Try low waste gift wrapping
While pretty, traditional gift wrapping–using wrapping paper, tape, bows, glitter and dyed tissue paper–can be wasteful and polluting. Luckily, there are alternatives we can adopt to make our presents look nice while not hurting the planet so much. Here are a few ideas:
– Wrap gifts in tea towels or scarves and tie them in a knot to secure them. There are tutorials online for how to do this so that it looks very nice.
– Use old newspaper or flyers and dress it up with a bit of twine and a small evergreen branch.
– Give homemade gifts, such as cookies in tins or containers that they can re-use.
– If you’re going to buy wrapping paper, buy plain paper that has no glitter or plastic in it so that it can be recycled.
– Don’t use tape. There are tutorials online for how to wrap a present with no tape.