Be an ethical consumer
You have an impact each time you buy something and you have the potential to make a big impact over the holiday seasons. Below is a list of things you can do for gifts other than buy new from the store.
1. Give experiences (event tickets, memberships, or lessons)
2. Give your time (volunteer to help with a project or take kids for a park day)
3. Upcycle toys or furniture (repair or repurpose)
4. Buy second hand (check out consignment, vintage and second hand shops)
5. Make (crafts or bake treats)
6. Ethical buy (fair trade, organic, local, Forest Stewardship Council, etc)
7. Buying something needed that’s new (check to make sure that person needs/wants the thing so that it will go to good use).