Don’t waste the leftovers
The EPA estimates that over the holidays our household waste increases by 25%. Let’s stop the madness! Here are a few ways to use up some holiday leftovers you might have sitting in your fridge right now.
1) Hot turkey sandwiches made with turkey, stuffing and gravy (the is an obvious one but it couldn’t not be mentioned)
2) Cranberry oat bars with your leftover cranberry sauce
3) Vegetable and turkey soup made with leftover roasted or mashed veggies, turkey and gravy.
4) Shepherd’s pie with leftover mashed potatoes and/or tourtiere.
5) Turkey casserole with leftover turkey, stuffing and veggies.